Teacher of Humanities
Full time – Maternity Cover
The Elizabethan Academy is a successful 11-19 Academy, with sixth form. Students and staff benefit from the excellent facilities. We are looking for an individual to share our commitment and determination to providing a learning environment that enables all young people to thrive. We have fantastic professional development. This post could suit an NQT as well as a more experienced applicant.
The successful candidate will join a hardworking, forward thinking and supportive department at an exciting time. We have excellent CPL opportunities and are part of the Redhill Teaching Alliance.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be passionate about teaching humanities and committed to achieving excellent results for their students
- demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the academy and its students can achieve
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
- be committed to the Academy’s ethos of high expectations with no excuses
- be flexible in their ability to teach across social science and humanities
The Academy is committed to equality of experience for all staff and students. We operate safer recruitment, robust child protection procedures and require evidence of DBS clearance for all employees. Checks will also be made with previous employers.
Please include details of any second subjects in your application. Applications are also invited from any potential applicant with the ability to fulfil this role as an unqualified teacher.
Closing date for applications
12 midday on Thursday 14th June 2018
Interviews w/c 18th June 2018
Job DescriptionApplication Form